• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEL for radiator fan but nothing seems wrong

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my 97 XJ has been quite the pain in my rear lately. If its not one thing giving me trouble its another. Tuesday I spent 4 hours on my back replacing the Transmission solenoids, filter, and transmission kick down cable so that it would finally shift past 2nd. Well all that was successful and the Jeep drives great now but yesterday I went to go to work and got a CEL. The code is for the radiator fan but I checked it and the fan runs great coming on and off as it should. I swapped the relay around thinking it might be a little sticky and the CEL came right back on. After I clear the code it pops back on within 10 miles.

I am scratching my head here so any suggestions would be helpful. Also I just had my birthday and I need to get emissions done ASAP so I'm pressed for time.

Was curious. Figure always open to learn something. Came across a posting about a Chrysler Mini Van, figure it is a Mopar, and they talk about Speed Control Solenoid Circuits.
An open or shorted condition detected in the Speed Control vacuum or vent solenoid circuits. Now I am not going lie I have no clue as to what that is but you did replace transmission soleniods. Same animal different name?

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/6149-I-m-getting-a-code-P1491

Was curious. Figure always open to learn something. Came across a posting about a Chrysler Mini Van, figure it is a Mopar, and they talk about Speed Control Solenoid Circuits.
An open or shorted condition detected in the Speed Control vacuum or vent solenoid circuits. Now I am not going lie I have no clue as to what that is but you did replace transmission soleniods. Same animal different name?

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/6149-I-m-getting-a-code-P1491

Yeah I read through that real quick and that guys was having starting issues too but mine isn't like that. Mine just keeps throwing code P1491

Let me look through my work orders from last year. I fixed this on an IP about the same vintage, I'll get back to you.

Back