• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange lock issue

Sub Zero

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a strange lock issue with my 94 2 door. I have manual locks and sometimes they work perfectly. Other times my key will not unlock the drivers door. The key turns and everything, it just won't unlock. Eventually I can get it to unlock but it takes a few tries to get it to unlock. Any ideas?

either the key is worn or the lock is worn. if you have a spare try it in the lock, if it works fine you need a new key. if the spare doesn't work then you need a new lock.

multiple options. if it's the key then get a new key cut at the dealership from your vin code, not a copy of a worn key. if it's the locks swap them side to side, pass lock gets used less.

If your 94 is like my 96. Open up the door and look on the end of the door. There is a plastic cover with two screws that is at the same elevation as the lock / push button. Undo the screws and you can see right into the key lock. Give it a good spray with something like Tri-Flow and then give the lock mechanism a good shot. See if that helps.

Tom

Back