• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn signal stalk broke off in column

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
well, the turn signal stalk/stick is broken off in the turn signal switch. nothing is sticking out of the switch, so i cant grab it with pliers, i have tried a small pick to try and pry it out, but it wont budge.
i am thinking i have to drill it out now... any other ideas?
i was thinking i can hopefully drill it, thread a screw into it, and then pull on the screw with pliers.

other thoughts or ideas or experiences?

Year might help.

With the right tools, it isn't that hard to pull the steering column, giving you access to the turn signal switch/stalk.

Drilling a hole in the remaining stalk and using a screw sounds like it could work, but it is easier said than done. I might try a dab of super glue on the old stalk and then hold I against the stuck part, being careful that it does not squeeze out and glue the whole thing together.

it is a 94.
i am familiar with tearing down the columns, but not to the point of getting the signal switch out, but probably close. i would rather not tear into it...

drilling it does sound easier said than done...maybe some gorilla glue and then i will pull on it and see if it pops out...i dunno

Don't use gorilla glue, use super glue.

Back