• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part numbers for evaporator/heater core change

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
I am working through an evaporator/heater core replacement. I've used some of the online Mopar catalogs and stumbled into incorrect parts.

It looks like the evaporator should be 48649999AE for all 97+. The Mopar catalog shows a 5019700AF for 2001 5 speed XJ's but I don't think any were made in the U.S. (they were all AW4, weren't they?)

Also, I am showing several different seal kits. 4874069AB is still available. 4874070AB and 4874072AB are NLA. 4874065 was a "demister seal" NLA and 4874068 is a vent opening seal still available.

Has anyone done this job and can confirm the correct part numbers?

I believe I need evaporator 48649999AE and seal kit 4874079AB.

What does the seal kit contain? Does it contain all the seal for the heater box? Or just the ones where the lines for the heater core and evaporator cross through the firewall? Does the evaporator contain new styrofoam and padding?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Just a plug for www.jeepair.com. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from these guys and they know EXACTLY what is needed. Never had a problem and always got good advice. Plus, they recognize that this is a tough job so they only use the best parts so that you don't have to do it again.

HTH

Back