• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater core replacement suggestions

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have come to the determination that I need a heater core in my 97. I have been able to smell the faint smell of coolant inside the cabin for the past few months and recently I have noticed some fog build up on the side windows and windshield so after 19 years its time to be replaced.

Seeing as this is a huge PITA job I do not want to have to do this again for another 19 years. I plan to do the evaporator while I am in there too because it also has never been replaced.

What are some recommendations on brands to choose and those to stay away from? I have been looking at RockAuto because they always have the best prices, Are there any brands they offer that are ones to avoid?

I have found www.jeepair.com to be the best for anything heating/cooling related.

http://jeepair.com/heater-cores.html

The quality is top notch and they even have a note on the heater core section that says that they know that this part is hard to replace so they only offer the best.

Ok I have come to the determination that I need a heater core in my 97. I have been able to smell the faint smell of coolant inside the cabin for the past few months and recently I have noticed some fog build up on the side windows and windshield so after 19 years its time to be replaced.

Seeing as this is a huge PITA job I do not want to have to do this again for another 19 years. I plan to do the evaporator while I am in there too because it also has never been replaced.

What are some recommendations on brands to choose and those to stay away from? I have been looking at RockAuto because they always have the best prices, Are there any brands they offer that are ones to avoid?

Last edited:
Back