• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which clockspring for 97 XJ?

Reddleman

NAXJA Forum User
My airbag light is always on and cruise control stopped working. I'm pretty sure this means the clockspring is dead.

So it seems there are different clocksprings for different years. Can anyone show me where to find a part number for a 97 with cruise control?

Also- not sure if they're related, but it seems that my windshield washers don't work and my turn signal doesn't automatically return. Are these both clock-spring related, or should I replace something else while I have the steering wheel off?

Any 1997-2001 clock spring will interchange. There are two types, one for cruise control and one for without cruise control.

Jeep P/N 56009071 is the cruise control clock spring.

WARNING: THE AIRBAG SYSTEM IS A SENSITIVE, COMPLEX ELECTROMECHANICAL UNIT. BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO DIAGNOSE OR SERVICE ANY AIRBAG SYSTEM OR RELATED STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENTS YOU MUST FIRST DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE. THEN WAIT TEN MINUTES FOR THE SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE FURTHER SYSTEM SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO DO THIS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY

Back