• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 CJ - Green or Orange coolant?

I want a 2001 CJ.... Where did you find one of those unicorns?

No help here, just trolling.

Interested to see what coolant is supposed to be used.

I run green in my 01. That's what was in it when I bought it new in 2001.

'00 and use green too. You can use whatever kind of Anti-Freeze you want in any system as long as you flush whatever is in there out really good.

Wasn't sure what to do earlier today. I Googled. I Naxja'd. I checked all over online. I hadn'r seen any replies yet while standing at parts store. Oreilly's, Advance, nor Auto zone could tell me. I did read that Zerex G05 met standards and had HOAT. Being I was unsure of others and Zerex was the only one that specifically said Chrysler and Jeep on it, I went for it. So not green, not orange, but actually clear.

Now I just hope I flushed it good enough. I flushed it twice for about 8-10 minutes each. One time I specifically flushed the heater core both directions.

I went from No Heat at all to having very hot heat now. This happened once before but heat only lasted a day. However, I didn't do this thorough of a flush last time so we'll see how it goes this time.

Thanks for replies.

My 01 came with Green and that's what I use. As others have said you can use G05 etc as long as you do the proper flush first. Be advised that Zerex is the Valvoline trade name for their coolant you can get it Conventional Green, G05, etc.... my local farm store sells Zerex Conventional Green as an example.

Back