• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rural King AGM an Exide ?

I am pretty convinced its the same battery or at least made by Exide.

Rural King model has the same rebate and the address details/form for the rebate is pretty much the same.

Any other suggestions even for a standard lead acid that are worthy of considering before i do it ?

Pete

I just went to RK today to return the battery i bought a little over a year ago and since they no longer carry the Exide NASCAR Extreme my options were to downgrade to their regular model or pay the difference and get the AGM

The AGM is an Exide battery... if it's the exact same battery as the Exide Edge i couldn't say... the Exide branded battery does have an extra 12 months of full replacement while the RK branded battery has a longer overall warranty

Once you start considering the Exide AGM you get close to the price of the Diehard Platinum. As warranties go the are hard to beat. For the price the Rural King looks pretty good.

I run the Diehard in my trail rig which has a winch, extra lights, etc. For my stock MJ which serves as a "truck " truck the RK would be ideal.

Thanks for the comments guys...

My local Costco stocks the Interstate traditional flooded battery for 83$. So its basically between that and the RK brand AGM.

Since the XJ isn't my daily driver which battery is better for the casual situation ?

Pete

Go to costco. 42 month free replacement.

Back