• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear sway bar frame brackets. Source?

8991XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Lost a rear sway bar bracket the other day, rusted. 91/4.0 daily driver, not wheeled so maybe I would like to put the bar back on but since it seems the bracket is not a separate item, only direction is the aftermarket bracket kits.

Any other options or is this bar coming off?

Thanks.

I think I have one I can send you for the cost of shipping. Most just remove them when lifting. Only time id want one is when towing near max weight, though

I took mine off and noticed absolutely no difference in handling...but I also went from cheesy p-metric walmart tires to LT General Grabbers at the same time.

I don't know if the bolts will come out without breaking them. I need to find out that thunk when I load the right side with the bar bouncing off the frame messes with the sound of the smooth six. That is because the radio doesn't work in the cold weather until the heat has been on long enough to get something to start working again.

I guess for now, I'll try to remove it. Broken bolts are fine, if needed I can drill and tap for any future use.

Thanks for the offer Dan. I'll be in touch if this is the way I need to go.

Back