• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Axles!

DaKing

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for peoples real world stories or reasons for broken axles.

Who here has broken an axle shaft in the past?

What wore you doing when it happened?

Anyone break an aftermarket shaft?

Pictures?

Broke a stock rear 44 shaft doing multiple full throttle runs up a rocky hill climb. That shaft lasted 7 years of wheeling.
58cd48673877cb074024a93a176e415a.jpg

I run a Trussed and Locked Dana 35 With Chromolly axles and beat my jeep to hell through the desert and the rocks and still have no broken an axle shaft.

I was driving down the highway about 70mph when I felt the wheel glitch to the right. I watch the Lf axle u joint fly in out front of me at about 200 mph. Sheared both ears off the shaft, completely blew up the spiders and ring and pinion. Still not sure how it happened.

D35, stock tires, pinion bearing and spider gears, cause that axle is a worthless turd

2 D30 shafts, u joint itself broke in both incidents, both were due to heavy throttle assaults, this one also twisted the splines on the inner

past summer managed to get bound up and break a ujoint in my 60, spit out 3 of the 4 caps taking out both shafts with it

Before I bought from Rock Auto (can get the good stuff there), I went to Advance Auto and bought "quality" Made in USA Neapco u joints.

Put them in. Was on wet grass about to hit the trail and put it in 4hi while idling in drive. Popped the u joint and broke one of the ears on the shaft.

Strangest thing ever.

Before I bought from Rock Auto (can get the good stuff there), I went to Advance Auto and bought "quality" Made in USA Neapco u joints.

Put them in. Was on wet grass about to hit the trail and put it in 4hi while idling in drive. Popped the u joint and broke one of the ears on the shaft.

Strangest thing ever.
Spicer or nothing

Back