• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does 00' XJ come stock with heat shield?

nicpaige

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ has no heat shield protection under the floor pans. I have seen some diagrams with what looks like heat protection mounted underneath. Im wondering if I should be adding these to protect the passenger floor pan from the converter and exhaust heat?

I got one at a Pick your Part from a ZJ and installed it over the entire length of the exhaust. It fit the XJ very well and reduced the interior/floor heat.

You are referring to the one between the exhaust and the floor are you? That is the one I am referring to.

When stock heat shields are not available, I use double layer aluminum baking sheets.
They come in a variety of sizes and are available at Target, BBB, Walmart and any store that sell cooking gear.
I sometimes find them in the kitchen, when the wife isn't looking.
They are bendable, can be cut to fit and are a lot more durable than a stock shield.

Yup.

Back