• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibration

Jeeper Joe

NAXJA Forum User
vibration in engine at idle and various rpm ranges.

first off Hello,
I am a newbie to the NAXJA form or any form for that matter but my question might be a popular one. I have a 01 XJ,auto,3" lift and 265.75.17 tires. when i start the jeep and its sitting there idling i can feel a vibration while in park. If i slowly push down on the throttle the vibration gets stronger and louder so i believe that i narrowed it down to spinning parts. possibly harmonic balancer, flex plate or torque converter. ????? while trying to self diagnose i also noticed that my harmonic balancer said sold on it in Junk Yard yellow paint pen.. Could that mean motor was replaced ??? maybe... how do i ID the motor to know what flex plate belongs on it ???? internal balanced or external balanced. There is a stamp on the block between 2&3 cylinder ( 004mx11 ).
yes the same vibration is present while driving also around the 2200 to 2600 RMP range. I just took XJ to get it E checked and it passed all emission guide lines, so i crossed out fuel and spark issues.
thanks.

Last edited:
Back