• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders

IllianaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Once again we are looking for volunteers to lead and tailgun trail groups. If you helped out last year and are willing to help again, please PM me. For those that haven't, but would be willing to, please read the following:

In order for trail leaders to be completely prepared, trail leaders MUST be able to be at the Badlands Thursday, March 3rd, before 10am to pre-run trails.

We will spend some time making sure we understand the trail system as best we can, and we will pre-run trails. Last year the ice covering everything upped the ante on all trails and shifted the requirements a bit, hopefully this year will be "normal".

You will need to be a paid member to be a trail leader. You don't need to be an expert wheeler or an expert at knowing the badlands, but this can't be your first time wheeling.

We will also go over trail leader responsibilities and vehicle recovery responsibilities.

Plan on this taking 4-6 hours. Trail conditions will determine total time, as well as vehicle breakdowns and possible recoveries. Bringing lunch isn't a bad idea.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Post here if you can lead. Also post either easy, medium, or hard.

Just because someone will ask (general guidelines below):
Easy: 31 inch tires and under.
Medium: 33 to 35 in tires, one traction device.
Hard: 35 inch and above in tires, two traction devices preferred, at least one mandatory.

At this time we don't know how many groups of each level we will have, but if I have plenty of volunteers we will be fine. I also understand not wanting to be "stuck" leading Green trails both days, once again if we have enough volunteers trail leader duties can be split up for Friday & Saturday to give you a chance to run something else on your off day.

***As an added benefit, Thursday's Badlands fees will be covered by the MWC BOD and each trail leader will receive $10 in raffle tickets.***

Last edited:
Me and my buddy xj-01 talked about showing up Wednesday night, I personally wasn't considering leading a trail not this year anyways. But question is if I cover my own fees can I come out and hit the trails with everyone? I feel like this would be a good experience to learn about trail leading.

Me and my buddy xj-01 talked about showing up Wednesday night, I personally wasn't considering leading a trail not this year anyways. But question is if I cover my own fees can I come out and hit the trails with everyone? I feel like this would be a good experience to learn about trail leading.

If by covering your own fees you mean registering for the event then yes of course. Just paying to get into the badlands though does not allow you to participate with the event.

If by covering your own fees you mean registering for the event then yes of course. Just paying to get into the badlands though does not allow you to participate with the event.

i think what he was getting at was stemmed from this comment...

***As an added benefit, Thursday's Badlands fees will be covered by the MWC BOD and each trail leader will receive $10 in raffle tickets.***

What 89 had said, Im registering for the event. I would just like to go out Thursday with you guy because I'm more then likely going to be there.

I plan on being there Wednesday at some point. You can put me down as a leader or gunner for easy, and med on either day or both as needed.

I can lead green.

JIM.

Back