• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Superlift Truspeed - Where is it?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so when I bought my XJ years ago from the previous owner, he had this stack of all the ridiculous bolt on crap he put on it. One of the line items from an order/work done by Six States was a Superlift Truspeed (adjusts the speedometer to compensate for tire sizes. See here http://www.leighculver.com/TruSpeed.pdf).

Now, I recently did a harness swap, so I know for a fact that it isn't installed by the t-case or in the engine bay because I never ran across it and it wasn't tapped in to the harness anywhere. If its still in there, my guess it has to be under the dash somewhere but I haven't seen it. The instructions seem to indicate it's a 2 wire system ... 1 wire for power and the other taps in to white/orange wire by the t-case. If they installed it, then it must be tapped it under the dash somewhere but I'm not sure where that speed wire goes to ... TCU? Gauge/cluster? Knowing that might let me figure out where to look.

Also, the reason I care so much is that I'm running a 241OR, so I can't put in a new gear. This might be my best solution.

Thanks!

Last edited:
the VSS signal goes to the PCM. The PCM then feeds the cluster the info. it has to be installed between the sensor and the PCM.

Last edited:
It is a 4 wire system. 1 power 1 ground and the other two don't tap in but are installed in series with the signal wire to increase or decrease the signal.

Back