• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost Some Electrical Power..??

Crow Horse

NAXJA Forum User
99 XJ, 4.0 AW4........

This morning on my way to work I lost power to my radio, wipers, door/window controls, heater blower, air bag light came on and no turn signals . Everything else functioned correctly as far as I know. When I parked at work I shut it down and then restarted. Everything functioned correctly. At this point I'd call it an intermittent issue.

Any ides as where to look? I'm thinking maybe a bad ground but maybe a bad relay? I'm open to any ideas...

Wiring issues in the XJ Cherokee are common, broken wires, chafed wire insulation, melted wires, and failed wire splices The drivers door wire harness and the tailgate wire harness should be your first suspects. Also inspect the steering column wire harness.

Several years ago I redid both door wiring issues as well as the hatch. That's not to say there couldn't be an issue there now. I did renew the cable connector for the PDC and detoured it as it was chaffing against the battery tray. Don't see how that could resolve this issue but it needed the attention. Drove to work today without incident. Time will tell.

i had a similar issue, turned out a bump had caused the key to turn back just a bit, truck was running but nothing was working

Back