• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Search help or advice. 2001 Heater

Sluder

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure this has been posted before but unable to "search" on phone. Drop down menu won't drop down.

2001 XJ Anniversary

No heat at all
A/C is great
Had some trouble with vents in summer but reconnected ball in bumper and it fixed A/C vent issue.

I have good water pressure coming out of heater core.

Heater switch maybe? How to check and replace?

Where is "blend door" issue located? Hard to check/fix? Can I buy part easy?

Everything blows fine just not cold at all. Absolutely NO warm.

Perhaps your blend door motor is burnt out. Under the glove box find a little motor next to the center hump. See if that is turning the shaft that opens the door. If not, pull it and see if you can use a pliers or your hand to open the door and see if you get heat.

When I replaced my heater core and evaporator coil I damaged my blend door to where it would stick and the motor wasn't strong enough to move it. My blend door motor is now a small pair of vice grips and my hand.

I'm assuming I should be seeing something on or near the motor moving when I turn the dash dial from cold to heat?

IF so, if I don't see anything move should I guess the motor is shot or could it still be a disconnect near the temp turn dial?

It's raining right now but I'm going to check it as soon as I can. Just want to know what to look for and how to interpret what i find.

Also, I didn't do a flush of heater core. I only disconnected the hose to make sure I had water going in and coming out of it. Water flow out was pretty good, but I'm not sure that means there's no issue? Air flow isn't warm at all. Absolutely no warm air so I figured problem was something other than core since I do have good flow of water? Water coming out of core was hot hot hot.

Also, I didn't do a flush of heater core. I only disconnected the hose to make sure I had water going in and coming out of it. Water flow out was pretty good, but I'm not sure that means there's no issue? Air flow isn't warm at all. Absolutely no warm air so I figured problem was something other than core since I do have good flow of water? Water coming out of core was hot hot hot.

Had this issue with my 98 and a couple good flushes of the heater core with a mild clr solution cured it

UPDATE

I checked the blend door motor and it is working fine. I took it off anyway and manually moved door. I can hear the door moving and can feel the difference but still no heat.

I did a mild back flush of the heater core and got some heat but not awesome. After I let it run for a bit, it went back to cold. It's not a cold day today so not sure how hot actually is yet. May be blowing regular air that feels warm?

Poured some Prestone flush in to drive around. Going to check with local radiator shop about all my options. Travel a lot for work so not much time to get things done at home and I don't want to wait.

Will post update.

Back