• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blend door actuator clicking 2001

soilman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 that's starting to live up to the name JEEP. (Just Empty Every Pocket). The heat stopped working. AC blows great. So changed thermostat, water pump, and blend door actuator then still no heat. So back flushed heater CoRe and that was it. Completely clogged. So now have heat again. And bonus the AC blows even more and colder. But now when I turn temp dial all the way to Cold the actuator clicks. How do I reinstall it so it behaves properly?

Thanks.

Mine does the exact same thing after I installed a new doorman blend door actuator from autozone. Haven't figured it out yet.

Did you index the Blend-Air Door pivot shaft to the BA Door Motor/Intermediate Drive shaft before assembly?

See pics.

Remove the BA Door actuator/motor. Turn the BA Door pivot shaft to full HEAT and back to full COLD. The motor turns full counter clockwise (about 90 degrees) to full hot and clockwise to full COLD (as viewed from the bottom). See if the BA Door moves freely.

With the actuator/motor still removed and connector plugged in, turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN (don't start engine). Rotate the heat selector to full heat. Watch the movement of the motor extension protruding from the bottom of the motor to make sure the motor has turned full counter clockwise then stops, then to full cold - the motor should turn full clockwise then stop.

Inspect the intermediate drive shaft to see if the motor drive end is chewed up and/or the BA Door pivot shaft end is chewed up.

Turn the BA Door pivot shaft to full cold (Clockwise), verify the BA Door actuator is actuated to full cold. Assemble the actuator/motor to the HVAC unit and test.

If you still hear clicking the gears in the motor may be wiped out. Disassemble to inspect.

Blend-AirDoorDrive.jpg

2000%20door%20actuator%20inside.jpg

Mine does the exact same thing after I installed a new doorman blend door actuator from autozone. Haven't figured it out yet.

Same issue here. After installing a replacement Dorman actuator from O'Reilly's, it clicks if it's anywhere except one certain position where it seems to want to be. If I remove the actuator, the blend door moves freely, somewhere in the range of 90 degrees. The motor seems to have approximately the same amount of travel, but the motor will even click when it isn't connected to the blend door (no load against it).

Did you get yours fixed?

Back