• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Downshifting issues, tps related?

mustang_gt_350

NAXJA Forum User
Alright. I finally got the 96 on the road (engine, trans, tcase all from a 98)

I took it for a longer drive after dumping some fresh gas into it. It it shifting up fine while accelerating. But when Its in 3 and I let off the throttle and down shifts into 2, and when i have it in OD it down shifts into 3rd lol. Now its kinda a nice feature when there is a turn coming, but It won't be so nice when there is snow on the roads. Anyway I'm 100% sure i would have noticed that the few shorter drives i took before it was road legal, as i made sure it would lock the converted in 3rd on at least one of the drives and when i let out i never noticed it doing this.

Its also having a idle hanging problem. After pulling into a parking spot and putting it in N or P it will idle around 1k.

It never did that before. I'm guessing that maybe when i replaced my dipstick today while changing oil (the damn thing broke inside of the tube) That i lost one of the grounds where the dipstick tube is. I pulled the KEY style codes and its showing Whatever the # the last one was the one for a higher or lower than normal TPS voltage.

Great news is. The damn hood release snapped off in my hand after my drive when i tried to see what was going on.:puke: And my Scanner is at a coworkers house lol.

Here is a vid of what it does when i BARELY push the throttle at idle in Nuetral. Ignore the temp gauge, its not hooked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkFR0f4s-vE

Last edited:
Back