• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HS9076PT4 or HS26211PT for 2001 XJ Sport 4.0

98Redbird

NAXJA Forum User
Replacing head with Clearwater cylinder head, trying to determine which head gasket set to use?

Bolts I plan on using ES71102 set.

Thanks!

PUSH COME TO SHOVE;
Consider buying both with the understanding ONE SET will be returned for refund.

Consider calling around to various parts stores, i.e., NAPA, etc., (Dealership too), and see what they find out for you as per your inventory numbers stated.., they might be cross referenced. As a casual reader, I have no idea where the numbers of your two sets, (inquiry that you have provided), come from. OEM? FELPRO? --OR-- Some chinese imported replacement parts to a USA parts house?

Seems like a lot of mechanics like OEM, or FELPRO. For such I opt for FELPRO.
Just my 2 cents.
Fun ain't it?

Alaskan89XJ,

You're right, I apologize. I guess I was a little too vague there.

They are both FelPro gasket sets. Best I can tell, one is MLS (HS26211PT) and one seems to be a composite type (HS9076PT4) or something.

Hmmm.., guess I'd buy both, see which one will fit best, and return the other.., IF no one knows which is correct. Back in the old, old days.., leather was used for gasket materials.

You will want the hs26211pt kit because the 26211pt hg will compress to .040" versus the 9076pt's .051", so you'll have tighter quench/more compression. I'll be swapping out the 9076pt with the 26211pt and buying new head bolts if I ever have a reason to take the head off.

Back