• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Markings (29B) on rear shafts?

Jay Sco

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I've searched, but my search skills are lacking at times. I noticed "29B" on the ends of my shafts today. Jeep is '94, rear is 8.25. That should be a 27spline. There is also a stamp, which looks like a date stamp, of '95?

Can someone tell me what these mean, or at least point me in the right direction?

Could be a batch number, or maybe someone swapped in a 29-spline axle in to your heep?
Only way to confirm is to remove a shaft and count the splines.

Could be many things, but I can't find any info at all! I've always heard that you need to count the splines, so I'm just calling the "29" a coincidence. The heep was stock when I got it so its highly unlikely someone swapped in anything else.

Anyone? The shape (two flat and two rounded) appears to be stock. I only have access to my Cherokee, do they all have some markings?

Best way to find the answer I would guess is to go to a junk yard and look at the other xj rear axles and see if they have that marking or something differet

Back