• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper coverage

CarbonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I know i'm being a little picky, but my rear wiper blade is not making contact over the entire rear window surface. Replaced the wiper blade, no change. Different brand blade, no change. All have been conventional blades. I just ordered a 13" beam blade (like my 18" fronts) to try out.

Would the arm tension be a factor? Is it the blade itself? Have I just not noticed this before? Picture attached, look at the top of the arc; it just stops.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/EdNbua4ylDsNH7kww2komyJiTslOMgsVRVoZz9gKoCg?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Nothing picky about that, it's supposed to cover the entire arch. I think you just need to tweak the arm a bit. That's what keeps it on the glass. You may need to remove the arm and re-install it at the correct stops and tighten it down. Just keep tweaking it until you get the right pattern...nothing wrong with the blade.

Arm was actually just fine. Seems I got two bad conventional wiper blades, from two different brands. Holding them up next to my rear from my Expedition they are not symmetrical like the Exp is; has a noticeable lopsided curve. I got some 13" beam blades in for the XJ from Amazon and they work GREAT! Got some decent rain today and I can see clearly now, the rain is gone!! hahaha, i think that just showed my age...

Back