• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer AT3's

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondered if anyone has experience with these? I've read a lot of good things about snow/ice usage. I've been using general grabber AT2's for many years, but sometimes they don't feel like they work too well in deep snow/slush. I had thought of trying firestone destinations, but decided against it for quite a few reasons. I guess the AT3's are fairly new, so I wasn't considering those at the time (there's even a thread I started a while back about grabber vs destinations).

Anyway, they have a $70 rebate running until Oct. 31st, so I'd want to decide this coming week. Also seems with the grabbers, once you get past half tread, the traction in wet conditions fades fast. The main issues I've seen with the coopers is the life...grabbers still outlast most AT tires from what I've read. Thanks for any info.

I had a set on my jeep for about 2 years(I got a set when they launched), I loved them they are a great tire, they work really well on and off-road and are very quiet. I wheeled through the rocks and through moab without issue.

IMG_9152.jpg

A lot of the vineyard companies in my area run those on a majority of their trucks. And, I've driven through some of the stuff that they do on a regular basis and they seem to work and hold up well.
They were one of the few tires on my list that I was thinking about purchasing, but ended up with a set of free tires and bought a couple to match.
I run 265/70R17 on JKUR wheels on my MJ in the Yoko Geolandar AT-s flavor. Depending on size they usually run pretty reasonable price. Before my discount I think they were ~135$ each.

thanks, guys! just waiting to see if anyone has ice/snow experience. Better yet, comparison in those conditions vs the grabber at2's.

IMG_9212.jpg

I had my jeep in the snow with those tires and they did about as well as any AT tire I've driven on has done in the snow. I had a Detroit locker in the rear, but if I didn't drive like a total moron I had plenty of traction.

So far I love my Coopers...mind you they have only been mounted for less than a week...

FWIW, I did a ton of research when buying my last tires. There might even be a thread still on here. I ended up getting the Goodyear Duratrac. They have been great so far. I'm up in Tahoe and it gets nasty in the winter: Ice, snow, wind. Nothing is great on ice but these have been the best tires I've had up here. And they look pretty badass too. Good Luck-

Back