• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ headlight switch wiring harness!

Lkwelch

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out where to get a replacement wiring harness for the headlight switch. Just the connector end. My switch went out last night and I've already band aided the connector.

Thanks.

You would have to find one at a junkyard. The connector is just a fancy plastic piece that hold all the wires in place so you can plug them all in at once. If I were you I would just pull all the wires out from the back of the plastic connector and just plug them in individually on the switch. Each wire will have a speaker like connection on the end of it and just make sure they all hold on tight to where they plug in on the switch, if any of them are loose just use some needle nose pliers to pinch them closed a little more.

You can buy just the connectors, rubber coated at your local auto parts store. My stock ones were melted. I discon'd the battery, cut both connectors off, and wired the 2 new ones in. 6 bucks for two. Then I put in the super bright silverstar sylvania bulbs, best light I've ever had.

19107d1257906078-wiring-jeep-headlight-switch-pb100738_zpsvmlheuuf.jpg

I eliminated it on one of mine and did not like the outcome. Makes it hard to remember what wire goes where. I used a nice JY find recently on my Diesel 84-XJ repairs that are underway.

and this.

the putco one is like $35 on amazon.
it's been standing up to e code housings and 85/100w hellas for two years...

I bought and installed 2-3 of those, but do not like replacement relay costs, out of sight and they get fried every time they get wet. I plan to switch out the plugs and relays to the old jeep standard box relays, then try to build a water shield around them. They got wet and rusted inside the relays on mine sitting in the driveway.

Back