• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possessed Power Locks 98 Sport

Rcrivolio

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, Need some help here. I have a 98 sport 4.0 auto just over 200k. One day I opened the passenger side door and and locks went crazy. Not locking and unlocking but the lock motors would just run and run and run. I could here them running for over 5 hours. It seems like they lock, and then just run.

Typically starts when I open the passenger side front door, and only effects the front driverside and rear hatch, although all doors lock immediately.

Even with the car off and and the key out this continues, (i'm assuming this is because they are on constant 12v by design).

I've resorted to disconnecting the harness from the driverside panel by the hood latch. Downside to this is I have no control over windows, mirrors, or locks.

What is my issue? Is it just a couple bad power window and lock panels? or is there another issue?

Thanks fellas.

Check the wiring between the doors (ALL) and the chassis, I would bet the insulation has cracked and seperated from the wiring and it is shorting.

exactly what SuperB60ce said, I had this happen on my liftgate, disconnected the electric in the back door and eventually found a wire that had cracked in the harness and was causing a short.

Thanks guys. That's kinda the line I was thinking. I'll start pulling door panels this week. Never thought I'd hope to find split wires! lol

Thanks guys. That's kinda the line I was thinking. I'll start pulling door panels this week. Never thought I'd hope to find split wires! lol

The fun part is snaking the wiring out of the chassis...it will fit, just difficult...the breaks will most likely be between the chassis and the door.

Back