• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Xj: Cargo Floor Pan Source(s)???

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I am not finding much after a lot of Internet searching. Can anyone refer me to some vendors? The only cargo floor pan I have seen does not have the areas I need...the sections directly above the front leaf spring mount and is advertised as 19 gauge steel. This region of the floor pan is the cargo not the front or rear floor pans. These refer to front and rear passenger areas.

Just rearward of the seam between the rear floor pan sections and the cargo section the floor rises up to give clearance for the leaf spring bushing mount. My floor is rusted through toward the outside (i.e., toward doors) and toward the front (i.e., toward engine) of these elevated regions of the cargo floor pan. The elevated regions of the pan remain solid; it is the flat areas around some of its boundaries that are bad.

I think the OEM part number is 57001713. It does not appear Ray Buck offers this floor pan piece.

Am I looking for custom fabrication here?

You can PM me details. Shipping is my obvious concern but, I am more than willing to listen. I would drive to get it but, I do not see that as feasible given my current workload.

Use the rear seat support as your measuring reference for these dimensions:

1) Forward 6" into the rear floor pan

2) Rearward 8" toward the cargo area/wheelhouse

3) 12" toward drive shaft tunnel (from the rocker panel structure)

These areas will meet my needs.

I know the one I photographed has a rust spot in it, but I'm just shooting for clarity here.
I wasn't sure on the 12" starting point so I did it 2 ways.

1-floorpan%201_zpsbpfqhidu.jpg

1-floorpan%204_zpswtzln5xz.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

I'm not sure what to think...your floor pan metal is much worse than mine. There is no question yousr have significantly more rust. Are they solid in this area or do they flex when pressed or lightly tapped with a dead blow?

At the moment, I am talking with people from NC, SC, TN, AR and IN so, I am reluctant to have you act further given the condition of yours.

Back