• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No turn signals

GAdawgfan54

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a 97 sport for $500 from a friend. Had to bypass the NSS to get it started, but it fired up no problem after. Only problem is the turn signals aren't working. Have brake lights , but no signals or hazards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked bulbs, fuses, relays, etc? Need more info.

Checked fuses and swapped relays around. Everything worked the same. The brake lights worked, so I assume the lights for blinkers would work. Going to recheck all the fuses again tomorrow. It was pissing rain on me all day today.

Checked them all, and everything is good. All other lights work, just no blinkers or hazards. Changed the flasher also.

My 93 has same issue. Checked, double checked n swapped out everything... Only to find out it's the mechanism in the steering column .... $25 part but 2 hour job. Without the right tools, I still don't have them fixed.
There's a clip that needs pulled out while depressing a plate that's under the steering wheel.

That still doesn't rule the switch out.

Could have been a defective replacement part. Could have been installed with one beer too many. Could have been installed by a mental midget.

If you have checked everything else and that is the one thing left...

Back