• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted 1992 Cherokee

I'm assuming your saying people with 97-01 Cherokees wish they had pre 97's? I had a 2001 a few years ago and regret selling it everyday. I never wished I had a pre 97 at that time. The 92 I currently have happened to be in the family and I got it for a price too good to pass up. To each their own?

Motors changed in 96 91-95 are the best years. You just work on late models alot more. The heads crack and break pistons. And make less power.

<-- 2000. Hate it. Within another month or two, the only thing left from 2000 will be the body =)

Good luck though, I hope you don't run in to all the issues I have!

Im new on here, so please excuse me if this isnt allowed. This was the only recent thread I could find so far. I've always wanted an xj. My husband has an 87 yj, but thats okay, no one's perfect :p atleast "muddgyver" has square headlights. Lol. Anyhow, I really would like a 97 xj, I like all the updates from the older models and the body style is slick. Ive found one for sell 4 hours away so I can only go off what the owner says and pics. Has some body damage ie: front bumper is lower on one side by just a smidge..a headlight casing cracked...back hatch was spray painted... in the pics of the backseat there's coolant, oil, and what looks to be trans. fluid. Red flag 1 - possible frame damage, red flag 2 - there's only one reason you carry fluids with you .. 275,000 miles.. but he says the engine was rebuilt. Now I could be wrong, but Im 95% sure I don't want this jeep. Second, I found a 92 xj. Only issue is it has a cracked back hatch. Do xj have hatch issues? Other than that it looks pristine, and well taken care of. However, no electric.. had my heart set on the 97! But I have a 4.5" rough country kit and some 33s I want to put on my xj when I get it. Any advice? Pros/cons to either models or knowledge you can share to help in my decision is much appreciated!

Back