• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magnaflow 23226 Cat fit

Tha adapter is going to adapt 2 pieces of 2 1/2" pipe.
Is that what you have?

You dont know how to measure a piece of pipe?

Measure your pipe, measure your new parts.
Figure out what the size differences may be.
Cake.

I cannot find any specs on the cat, but the intermediate pipe claims it is 2 1/2". A 2 1/2" cat should fit just fine.

Is the cat a 2 1/4" cat? If so you need a reducer with a 2 1/2" ID inlet and a 2 1/4" OD outlet.

Or get a 2 1/2" cat.

The specs for the cat says 2 1/2" so I thought they were going to fit fine, but after driving a while there still some leakage even with some sealer paste.

But I think the inner measurement of the cat is 2 1/2" and on the intermediate pipe the outer measurement is 2 1/2".

Just hoped that anyone had the same setup so I knew what to get before pulling the system apart.

Weld it or better clamp..

I think you just have the normal slop in tolerances that comes with exhaust components. An adapter piece is not going to change the picture much, if at all.

I am not familiar with the sealer paste, but that is probably not going to improve weld quality any. I would suggest a better clamp. See if you can get something like this: http://www.dieselops.com/borla-2-5-...dMMzHTd7a7BGkJKUmUiDdnoS8_B_i-KtOUaAldG8P8HAQ

Or even a good T-bolt type clamp.

Back