• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to look at an MJ, owner is off his F*CKING ROCKER

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So I went to look at a 1990 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, all original with 166k on the clock. 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed. When I saw the ad there wasn't a price, I asked when I called about it and he said we could discuss it if I liked it and wanted to check it out. So I took the bait and went and checked it out. The truck was in decent shape, no rust, decent body with a few dents here and there. I drove it and it ran well and shifted nicely. I decided if the price was right I would go ahead and pick it up as I really want one. So I ask the price and the owner tells me emphatically that he is firm on the price and wont even haggle. So I am thinking to myself he wanted around 3k, high but I would have done it probably. He wanted 7k!!! Does that sound outrageous to anyone else?

I would have never made the effort without an asking price.

People are all over the place on MJ prices. Was talking to a guy yesterday. He has a 89 MJ with all the same spec as the one you looked at. Except it doesn't run, the paint is faded, the seat is shreded, etc. He was asking $12,500.00. I offered him $1,500.00. Haven't heard back from him.

i think higher priced MJs will become more common. people think/assume that since they are aging and they didnt make too many of them, they are sought after. to an extent its true, but asking $5k+ for an average MJ is ridiculous.

Yeah I basically laughed at him, offered him 3k in cash on the spot and he cussed me and told me to leave. If he calls back....ever, I will drop it to 2k

i think higher priced MJs will become more common. people think/assume that since they are aging and they didnt make too many of them, they are sought after. to an extent its true, but asking $5k+ for an average MJ is ridiculous.

They're all well over 5k if they aren't beat to hell here.

Re: Re: Went to look at an MJ, owner is off his F*CKING ROCKER

Yeah, but these motors is know for going well over 300k, haha. There's a local shop out here that wants over $20 for an xj. Somehow slapping on the cheapest lift kit you can find quadruples the value. On the mj argument, I've noticed prices increase for every used car ever since Cash For Clunker.

you can find them under 1000$ very often on sacramento craigslist .

Yeah, but these motors is know for going well over 300k, haha. There's a local shop out here that wants over $20 for an xj. Somehow slapping on the cheapest lift kit you can find quadruples the value. On the mj argument, I've noticed prices increase for every used car ever since Cash For Clunker.

cash for clunkers was a horrible idea.

It took so many XJs/MJs off the streets.

Re: Re: Went to look at an MJ, owner is off his F*CKING ROCKER

cash for clunkers was a horrible idea.

It took so many XJs/MJs off the streets.

There was a CFC junkyard nearby when I lived in TN, it was really sad. A lot of the cars were still fairly new and in excellent condition.

For every seller asking too much, theres a jeep guy who just 'HAS TO' get an mj...
If i had a penny for everytime someones come up to me in the mj thinking it was a custom build... id be able to afford an overpriced mj.

The 'cool' factor is there, they arent rare, but theyre not everywhere like xj's either. I dont think theyre that 'cool', but many do...

A sucker is born every minute. Dont take offense, just offer him market value.

Market value is 1450. I was willing to pay him double, he balked and cussed me out. He called today after his pissed off wife found out I offered cash. He asked if the deal still stood, I offered him 2k, I will have an MJ tomorrow.

Market value is 1450. I was willing to pay him double, he balked and cussed me out. He called today after his pissed off wife found out I offered cash. He asked if the deal still stood, I offered him 2k, I will have an MJ tomorrow.

Ahahahaha everyone saw that coming. True Jeeper 1. Seller 0

Nice find though. I'm sure everyone wants pics!

Condition is key in any case, but someone should be willing to pay a little bit more for a later HO.
I have 1 Remix era MJ and a 91 and 2 1992 MJ's.

I got lucky on one of the 92's. The Vin number verified that it was built in May 1992. The last month of production.
It was pretty clean and priced fairly at $2600.00. I booked a one-way airplane ticket and drove it home from Phoenix

Back