• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 mj swap 2000 xj 4.0 HO

Redrockracer1019

NAXJA Forum User
Hello.. I'm a new member to this sight. I'm not a complete idiot. I've been a jeep tour mechanic for the past 6 years am performed alot of messy jobs on the TJ an jk platform.. My rig is a 1990 mj Comanche... It has a aw4 4x4 an np231 correct?

I resently purchased a rolled 2wd 2000 xj with 120k miles started right up after I wired up a fuel pump out of a bucket...

I've began to swap the 4.0HO in to the Comanche taking the dash completely out guttin the engine bay.. Plan to put the xj dash an all engine bay wireing in..

My question for you...as I want to retain 4x4... How do I wire up the aw4 to the controller.. Should I keep the 90 controller an trans harness? Or attempt to change the sensorage wireing at trans with the complete Cherokee harness an run the 2000 aw4 controller? Is there an easy way...? Thanks

:clap:

The 2000 Cherokee is 2wd... How do I adapt the Cherokee xj 2000 harness to give with 90 sensors!

You don't. Nothing in the renix motor talks to the late model ECU, and you have to have the late model ECU to run the cluster.

You're finding a late model AW4 to do the swap, you're swapping the intake/exhaust and running all of the 2K XJ harness and sensors.

You can't use your AW4 because there were internal changes made.

Back