• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM tire carrier, tire won't fit

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys so I got my OEM tire carrier installed on my jeep finally and I love how it looks, my issue is that the spare tire won't fit. It's a 31" Moab off a jk. Would it be ok to just use longer wheel studs or do I need an adapter?

Ok, I was fearing that. I guess I will have to try and find a single adapter. I have Spiders on my jeep for the other moab wheels but since this is the spare I wont be running $100 adapters.

In theory, you could make some kind of "adapter" plate of sorts to mount the JK wheel.
Or, I think ruffstuff, JCR, or other makes some sort of circular tire mount plate with multiple pattern holes drilled in it.

In theory, you could make some kind of "adapter" plate of sorts to mount the JK wheel...

some sort of circular tire mount plate with multiple pattern holes drilled in it.
If you have a self serve junkyard, I'll bet you can find a couple of those on the front of a WJ, or XK.

Back