• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ codes PO108 and PO351

desertrunner71

NAXJA Forum User
Son just purchased 96 xj, country, 156k, HO motor, 4x4 auto owned about a week. Been running fine noticed it seemed to have a slight rough idle but very good throttle response. I did notice seller installed a new cat just before selling it to us because when I looked it over, the other cat was secured by clamps, this one had fresh welds and new sensor.

One the way home from school last night, jeep just sputtered and died. Said that was able to start it but would eventually die again. Got it towed how, saw the engine light on and checks codes. pulled the PO108 and PO351. I did not clear it, just parked it and let it be. This morning went out to move it, started right up, check engine light is off now, very strange....

heard of the PCM being the culprit and possibly the sign of needing to be replaced. I havent really had an opportunity to begin the troubleshooting process but was hoping someone might have a trick up their sleeve they would like to share.

Thanks!

Big desert racer such as you can't figure it out? ;-)

PO351 is ignition coil. The 108 is map sensor. I think the 108 might be a false code though. Do you have a spare coil you can throw into it to test?

Mark (1717)

If the Check Engine Light is ON, the Jeep is trying to tell you what is wrong. Follow the trouble codes. PCM failure should only be considered after complete step by step diagnostic testing has eliminated any other possible causes for the trouble codes

Big desert racer such as you can't figure it out? ;-)

PO351 is ignition coil. The 108 is map sensor. I think the 108 might be a false code though. Do you have a spare coil you can throw into it to test?

Mark (1717)

Haha.. Thanks Mark!! The electrical wasn't my specialty.... That is yours. I can wrench, weld, do gears, and pass most racers as you know but when it comes to this stuff I haven't a clue...

I read somewhere about the 108 being a possibly false code as well, I actually have a spare coil from the old racer but haven't checked part numbers yet to see if they match. I thought about that last night at 1am..

Back