• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are all headliners interchangeable in XJs?

Ima Doit

NAXJA Forum User
Since I'm moving past the major issues with the jeep, headliner is the next project I'm moving to. Are all year/model Cherokees headliners interchangeable? I would assume this to be the case barring an overhead console change.

Mine has the smaller overhead console, not the one that fits sunglasses. The one I plan to use is a base model with nothing but a key fab sensor. I assume it will fit in the jeep, but, may require some trimming or cutting for the console?

I don't have the old fiberglass shell, so, it might be tough to trace. But, I'll figure it out. Just want confirmation that it will fit in, then I can just modify as necessary.

And maybe another question.....could I swap a complete 2000 interior into my 1994 if I wanted to? How tough would this be? Not something I'll actually do, but, just curious if it's possible?

Headliners are interchangeable 1984-2001. I prefer the 98+ variety that have the built-in speaker bar.

The interior swap is easy except for dash assembly and liftgate trim. Seats are doable but you have to drill new holes and add a brace. Console is easy as long as you get the trans shifter also. Good luck!

-Collin

I put a 97+ in my 89. It fits ok. I think the interior trim on the older models is narrower, in some spots there is a gap between the headliner and trim. No big deal tho, as it's hard to notice. And the rear speaker bar is cool.

Back