• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drum break adjustment

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
My parking break is not working when the drum breaks are not adjusted. I suspect that my drum brakes are regularly unadjusting because the adjuster wheel is freely spinning, I opened up the brakes and saw what is provided in the pictures. The part that locks the adjuster wheel is not in contact with the wheel. How do i fix this?
20150815_140656.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Buy a good quality drum brake parts kit. I find that the cheaper kits from those "Lifetime Warranty" auto parts stores cause the most problems due to the poor quality and poor fit of the kit parts. Put anti seize or grease on the star wheel threads and the opposite rotating end.

The cable that comes down from above is supposed to hold that arm in position against the spoked wheel. The cable goes over a little ear-shaped bracket. Sometimes the cable slips off the back of the ear and loses tensions.

Probably a good idea to rebuild everything though. Drum brake parts are relatively cheap

Anti-seize or brake lube on the adjuster threads will prevent it from locking up later

Back