• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 XJ - Briarwood Issue

marsh scholar

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 91' Briarwood, and I love it. However, it has a few mechanical issues that need attention. The main thing is the steering column. It appears to be broken or, at the very least, SEVERELY LOOSE. However, it steers just fine. I am not sure if perhaps the lift kit made it break free from a mount, I don't know.

At any rate, what/where/whom are some good resources to get parts for this truck? I wouldn't mind replacing some of the wood trim, headliner, and some other aesthetic issues.

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated!

The only advice I can offer on the steering column is that you crawl around and look for where it is supposed to be attached. Or could it be a tilt column that has lost its locking feature? I don't know that anyone will be able to pin down the reason without more information. First-hand fiddling around with it is probably your best bet.

As to the aesthetic issues, Crist Clapper is probably your best bet. His restoration thread is here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1091129

As to sources for parts, be careful about Team Cherokee. Do your homework on them before you part with money.

Back