• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Correct control arm/misc bolt sizes.

ChrisOSX

NAXJA Forum User
Part 1:

So I've searched (used the handy search feature), along with a google search.

Most places I Have seen have the following specs (copied from somewhere I forget):

All 6 leaf spring bolts are: M14x2.0x120mm
The track bar bolt is: M10 - 1.5 x 75mm
LCA bolts are: M14 - 2.0 x 120mm
UCA bolts are: M10 - 1.5 x 110mm

All fine and dandy, however. I went to www.factorychryslerparts.com and they specify M14x2.00x110 or M14x2.0x120. With that said, I have also seen some people state that the 120mm is too long.

My main questions are as follows:

1. UCA size.

2. LCA size.

3. Track bar size.

4. Are the Leaf spring bolts actually the same bolts used in the LCA?

In case I somehow skipped over the tread that has the actual specs, I offer my sincerest apologies and request a link.

Part 2:

What is your dealer of choice for hardware?

Ive looked at Fastenal, Teem Cherokee (has a decent deal for 2 packs) but I found http://www.pointe-products.com/ which has super cheap stuff as well.

Any input and or suggestions is always greatly appreciated.

go to the chrysler dealership and buy bolts.

they are not prohibitively priced.

I am running F911 hardware on my axle side.
But, you should be able to find what you need at your local ace hardware.
You can use SAE hardware vs the metric stuff Would be 9/16 and 3/8 respectively.

I'm honestly not thrilled by this option as from experience the stealership has been known to overcharge with simple stuff.

I am running F911 hardware on my axle side.
But, you should be able to find what you need at your local ace hardware.
You can use SAE hardware vs the metric stuff Would be 9/16 and 3/8 respectively.
I thought about going this route, but I'm still unsure on the actual bolt length. From what I've been looking at 120 seems to be the standard length, but 110mm should be good too.

That's what I did because the prices were cheap. The control arm bolts were even an 'upgraded' bolt compared to original thanks to some issue in the distant past.

I reused the bolts for my front LCA's and replaced the upper bolts with shorter ones so I could torque them with the tools I had. The rear leaf spring bolts I bought at the dealer. Coat everything with anti-seize when you reassemble so you can reuse them next time. On one Jeep I actually tried Dorman shackles and their hardware kit. The bolts were stamped 10.9, they felt like aluminum, but a magnetic stuck to them a little. I promptly returned them and went to the dealer. Dealer bolts are good old fashioned U.S. steel.

Back