• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECU For 95 XJ 4.0 LTD RHD

Good morning all.
I am looking desperately for an ECU for my 95 4.0 Ltd XJ.
Mopar advised me that they have discontinued the item as new, but I am sure there must be serviceable ECU's second hand somewhere.
Regards
Barnie Hickman

I have one I took out of mine when I did the V8 swap.

. part# 56026948 out of a 95 country, w/ auto trans.

Not sure what shipping to SA would be tho...

Good morning all.
I am looking desperately for an ECU for my 95 4.0 Ltd XJ.
Mopar advised me that they have discontinued the item as new, but I am sure there must be serviceable ECU's second hand somewhere.
Regards
Barnie Hickman

Car-part.com, their like 40-50$ at most junk yards, lots in stock around the NYC area which i'm sure you can get shipped to you.

Also note that as long as you get the ECU out of the same engine, (4.0) you can run a Wrangler ECU. Transmission doesn't matter, although if you have a Manual transmission, and you swap in an ECU from an Auto, you will lose the shift indicator (light) telling you the when to shift gears. If I remember correctly 1989-1995 YJ, XJ, and I believe even ZJ's are the same style ECU.

I am running an 94 XJ 4.0 Auto ECU in my 94 Wrangler 4.0 Manual, as we speak. I have the ECU out of my 94 wrangler sitting on the shelf as well.

If you have a friend or know someone with a Jeep in your year range, ask them to look at it, and possibly even let you swap it in.

I have one I took out of mine when I did the V8 swap.

. part# 56026948 out of a 95 country, w/ auto trans.

Not sure what shipping to SA would be tho...

Good morning Digger and Euology. Thanks for the info.
According to my WSM and Mopar the part # is 56027698.
I do have a friend in Alberta Canada that is coming out to SA so will try and put him in touch with you. He is also looking out for an ECU for me.

Car-part.com, their like 40-50$ at most junk yards, lots in stock around the NYC area which i'm sure you can get shipped to you.

Also note that as long as you get the ECU out of the same engine, (4.0) you can run a Wrangler ECU. Transmission doesn't matter, although if you have a Manual transmission, and you swap in an ECU from an Auto, you will lose the shift indicator (light) telling you the when to shift gears. If I remember correctly 1989-1995 YJ, XJ, and I believe even ZJ's are the same style ECU.

I am running an 94 XJ 4.0 Auto ECU in my 94 Wrangler 4.0 Manual, as we speak. I have the ECU out of my 94 wrangler sitting on the shelf as well.

If you have a friend or know someone with a Jeep in your year range, ask them to look at it, and possibly even let you swap it in.
We will do it this weekend, then I will have a better picture.
There is a company in Cape Town that repairs ECU's, but I would like to see if I cannot replace it first.

Back