• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to replace passenger airbag?

Reddleman

NAXJA Forum User
Searched and couldn't find a good writeup of this.

My passenger airbag deployed, which led to a convoluted 2-month recall annoyance.

Now that my jeep's back, I'd like to replace the passenger airbag, and hopefully turn off the "airbag" light in the dash. I'd like to do this by tearing apart as little as possible.

Anyone done this, or have some insight on the easiest way to get a passenger airbag in/out of the dash?

The exact steps with diagrams are in your JEEP Factory Service Manual.

The short story is:
-make the SRS Air Bag System safe
-remove the screws and other stuff in the way
-remove the plastic cover
-unbolt the airbag assembly
-install in reverse order

Searched and couldn't find a good writeup of this.

My passenger airbag deployed, which led to a convoluted 2-month recall annoyance.

Now that my jeep's back, I'd like to replace the passenger airbag, and hopefully turn off the "airbag" light in the dash. I'd like to do this by tearing apart as little as possible.

Anyone done this, or have some insight on the easiest way to get a passenger airbag in/out of the dash?

If your passenger airbag was replaced why do you want to replace it again? Because the AB light is on?

Other components in the system may be at fault to cause the AB light to be on.

Back