• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to tell which unit bearing I need.. 01 with HP Axle swap

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ended up busting a stud doing a wheel install today, and was about to order some Timken bearings for an 01 XJ when I remembered... two PO's ago swapped in an HP axle and I have no idea if they kept the 01 hubs and brake hardware or moved to whatever came on the HP axle.

Any easy visual cue for how I can determine which one I need? I'd hate to order the wrong bearing.

Thanks!

As long as your rotors, match it doesn't matter. But I simplify it by ordering 01 bearings and rotors.
The link shown above should explain. But the later model 00-up and TJ bearings use the same rotors.

Also, you can replace the studs without replacing the bearings.

As long as your rotors, match it doesn't matter. But I simplify it by ordering 01 bearings and rotors.
The link shown above should explain. But the later model 00-up and TJ bearings use the same rotors.

Also, you can replace the studs without replacing the bearings.

I'm aware.. but at the same level of work to get the stud out, and the bearings looking like the stockers with 150k on them, I figure I may as well replace them If I'm having to remove them anyway.

After reviewing the FAQ, the rotors match the 00/01 style. Thank ya'll for the help.

Next problem- which seems to be a bigger problem.

Finding the correct replacement lug nut for the wheel spacer...

Back