• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hvac housing to body gasket?

twinhauler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hello. Trying to get my 1996 XJ heater core, new radiator etc done for sierrafest.
Hvac box assy Is out but Need the hvac to body gasket. My gasket/thick foam had silicone on it as a fix for leak before, so need New One. All tech writeups said gasket is dealer only item. jeep/dodge dealership says non-stock item, discontinued, can no longer get. Has anyone else found this hvac gasket anywhere, or did you make your own?

... jeep/dodge dealership says non-stock item, discontinued, can no longer get.

I have found that lazy countermen say that when they don't want to expend any effort to find your part. This is especially common for lower value parts. Ask them for a $3-500 plus part, and all of the sudden they are checking nationwide inventory for your part.

Get the actual Jeep part number, and use the Google and try the on-line Dealership parts departments.

www.tascaparts.com deals in New Old Stock parts they buy from Dealerships that are closing.

Hello. Trying to get my 1996 XJ heater core, new radiator etc done for sierrafest.
Hvac box assy Is out but Need the hvac to body gasket. My gasket/thick foam had silicone on it as a fix for leak before, so need New One. All tech writeups said gasket is dealer only item. jeep/dodge dealership says non-stock item, discontinued, can no longer get. Has anyone else found this hvac gasket anywhere, or did you make your own?

Search for OEM part number 56006312.

I checked a few Mopar places and it showed no longer available.

This OEM # is for '94-'96 XJ's.

Back