• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front sway bar help.

Devilfrog

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks, I'm working on finding a suitable replacement for my front sway bar. Due to front end modifications we've had to push the upper mounts forward ... Causing other issues.
I happen to be out at work right now, and am about 500km from my XJ. I always come up with these things when I have no way to grab the easy answer.

I was hoping I might beg a favour and someone would be able to measure the distance from the center of the sway bar bushing to the center of the link bolt (essentially I'm in need of the sway arm dimension).

I'm currently trying to determine if I can run a Wrangler sway bar in place of my stock bar. The bend that helps clear the steering box is hanging below my bumper now and I'm trying to find a way to "tuck" it in.
I tossed around the idea of lapping the bar but the arm angle is wrong, so I'm looking at perhaps using a TJ or YJ wrangler bar to replace it.
And ... If anyone happens to have a TJ or YJ wrangler sitting about I would be greatly appreciative of the same measurement from those ...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave

Thanks.
I'm floating on the ocean, or I would (or just measure my own junk).

Back