• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse Problem

po_xj619

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,
I have a 94 Jeep Cherokee. Yesterday while I was driving I hit a bump really hard and that cause my stereo, power locks, floor lights and the lights in the visor to shut off. Has anyone experienced this before? If so I could really use the help. I can't seem to find why it all got shut off. Is there a main fuse connected to all (stereo, lock, floor and visor lights) and if so where is it located? I would really appreciate the help.

Hi everyone,
I have a 94 Jeep Cherokee. Yesterday while I was driving I hit a bump really hard and that cause my stereo, power locks, floor lights and the lights in the visor to shut off. Has anyone experienced this before? If so I could really use the help. I can't seem to find why it all got shut off. Is there a main fuse connected to all (stereo, lock, floor and visor lights) and if so where is it located? I would really appreciate the help.

It's the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse, #9 (10A) in the fuse Block.

There may be a wire chafed through to the copper in one of those circuits that shorted out when you hit the bump. Check/replace the IOD fuse. If it still blows, you will need to trace down the chafed wire.

94FUSEPANEL.jpg

Back