• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vapor cannister...

Since there are no moving parts in the canister, what needs to be rebuilt? It can be removed, cleaned, dried and possibly re-charged with clean filter medium...but unless something is broken, what is the point?

The vac hoses to and from are important and get dried out, oxidized and fall apart way before the canister needs replacing/cleaning.

Depending on the year of your Jeep are you concerned with the canister itself or the purge solenoid? My 88 or 90 don't have purge solenoids.
You didn't mention the year, model, engine.

Currently my canister is removed. I'm going to make a new one that mounts under, near the tank.

Basically: a can, two vacuum connections on opposite ends, fish tank charcoal (in fish net or cheese cloth).

The vapor cannister in my 90 mj was so saturated with fuel, it was vomit inducing from inside the cab.

I replaced the filter medium with charcoal gravel for a fish tank filter from a pet store. Its not built to be serviceable, and i cant find any pics of how i sealed it up. This has been a couple years ago.
VxwnTLO.jpg

fH9hwV1.jpg

Thats exactly what I was wondering, If its possible to cut open the factory one with a dremel, remove the old charcoal, clean up the inside and fill it with some kind of new charcoal and epoxy it back together?

Ive seen it done on you tube but just not sure if the fish/aquarium charcoal would work. :confused:

Back