• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help us as we finailize the Crawl

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

This year we are attempting to make the Crawl a lot more "user-friendly" with a lot more of the planning and scheduling done pre-arrival. This will hopefully allow us to run a much smoother event and hopefully set up a system that will work for future crawls.

To that end:

• A good portion of those that registered for Easy and Moderate HAVE NOT YET signed up for rides. Please take time to do that so that we can determine how many ride we will actually need to arrange. There will be flexibility in the final schedule as needed.
  • We are anticipating (without having signups complete) that we will have 4 rides per day for Easy and Moderate. To date we only have TWO guys that have stepped up to volunteer to lead runs. We need more!
  • We are planning to do a potluck on Friday night, as always, but at last glance our potluck is going to only consist of bacon and silverware. Please sign up for something so that we can have a successful potluck.
We understand that some of these requests have not been part of previous crawl planning and we simply ask your cooperation as we try to better the event for everyone.

A lot of my thought process when signing up for a trail group is who I'm riding with and who is leading the trail. Maybe that's why folks aren't signing up.

Then talk to your buddies and decide what trail ride you want to ride and sign up at the same time - or have one guy sign up for all of you at once.

Are you willing, Josh, to be a trail leader?

Due to my injury I won't be driving this year, so you can mark me off the list of people to register for trails. If I come at all I will be riding with Tim.

Nope.

I don't know the area and I have 2 kids with me. Trail leaders should be focused on the trail and their group, not making sure that their family is happy.

Well, if no one else takes the initiative, it will be unavoidable to have a trail leader with kids on board that has only been there twice because it'll be me leading one of the runs.

I'd rather not lead since I have responsibilities in the campground with the SEC Board each night, and I'd rather make sure that we have a smooth, well-run event, but I'll lead if that means that the event is fully staffed.

Last edited:
Well, if no one else takes the initiative, it will be unavoidable to have a trail leader with kids on board that has only been there twice because it'll be me leading one of the runs.

I'd rather not lead since I have responsibilities in the campground with the SEC Board each night, and I'd rather make sure that we have a smooth, well-run event, but I'll lead if that means that the event is fully staffed.

If it comes down to us (SEC Board) having to lead trails, then those in our groups will need to be prepared to come down off the mountain sooner than other groups.

If it comes down to us (SEC Board) having to lead trails, then those in our groups will need to be prepared to come down off the mountain sooner than other groups.

Not hurting my feelings.

I've been left to fend for myself before.

And you make my point for me. Thank you.

This is the exact thing that we are trying to avoid by getting volunteers to lead trails.

We don't want a situation where a trail leader has to head down the trail early due to other obligations and have to either bring a group down with them or "abandon" them on top of the mountain to find their way home.

Last edited:
Back