• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HTrans temp gauge question

blacklabel21

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1997 jeep cherokee 4.0 auto,4wd.I want to add a transmission gauge.I got a nice set of maxtow gauges.I was woundering where can i connect my sensor to the aw4.I tryied the test port but i dont have adapters that small.and their anther plug right next to the transmission line but i dont think they make a adapter for that.I could be wrong i bought a set of Bosch adapters and nothing works.If you guys could help me it would good thanks.

Here ya go...

jpgTransmissionCasePlugRemoval.jpg

jpgAdaptorandSensorInstall.jpg

jpgAutometerMetricAdaptor2267.jpg

Here ya go...

jpgTransmissionCasePlugRemoval.jpg

jpgAdaptorandSensorInstall.jpg

jpgAutometerMetricAdaptor2267.jpg

Wow, I've been all over my AW4 and never knew that hole was a viable option. I set up a gauge off my tranny cooler lines in my XJ...that works...but is a little cumbersome. I have the MJ tranny out right now and am going to check that out. I'd love to have a gauge on it too. What's that hole actually for?

Wow, I've been all over my AW4 and never knew that hole was a viable option. I set up a gauge off my tranny cooler lines in my XJ...that works...but is a little cumbersome. I have the MJ tranny out right now and am going to check that out. I'd love to have a gauge on it too. What's that hole actually for?

It's for a transmission temp sensor. Used on Toyota Tacoma trucks with A340E and A340F transmissions (same as the AW4).

'98 and up XJ's do not have this port.

ToyotaA340TransTempSensorLocation.jpg

Back