• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pan replacement

poppyseed

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into replacing my entire oil pan as mine is bent near the drain plug and leaks slowly from being over tightened. I am afraid every oil change that it is going to crack on me as I can see it flexing. Has anyone tried the ATP oil pan on rockauto for 58 bucks? Seems like a pretty decent deal.

I've never heard anything bad about them...... but I haven't heard very much at all about them.
I'm still a bigger fan of factory tin-- hit a salvage yard and spend a few minutes pulling one. At least you know you're getting something that will fit like the original.

P.S. get the one piece rubber gasket to seal it up-- goes together much easier that way!

I've never heard anything bad about them...... but I haven't heard very much at all about them.
I'm still a bigger fan of factory tin-- hit a salvage yard and spend a few minutes pulling one. At least you know you're getting something that will fit like the original.

P.S. get the one piece rubber gasket to seal it up-- goes together much easier that way!

I think I'm going to go a step up from the el cheapo and go with a "spectra premium" for about 70 bucks on amazon, I have Amazon Prime so I get free shipping on top of it. My closest pick n pull is over an hour away :(

I'm thinking of doing the rear main while I'm in there. National or Fel-Pro? I will be getting the Fel-Pro one piece pan gasket too.

I hope it is better than the 4.0 Dorman oil pan, bought from Summit.
Spent a good hour with the die grinder, aligning the bolts holes, so the pan would bolt up. What a piece of junk.
Typical cheap aftermarket part, I now get things like this from the pick-a-part since the Factory parts are almost always superior.

I'm thinking of doing the rear main while I'm in there. National or Fel-Pro? I will be getting the Fel-Pro one piece pan gasket too.

whichever one you can find in stock should be fine-- I wouldn't even be surprised to find the same seal in both boxes.

Back