• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quality of dorman transmission cooler lines?

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
While I had the radiator out, I thought I'd change the transmission cooler lines with Dorman brand lines I had on the shelf. I had to bend the return line which wasn't a big deal, but then found the quick disconnects wouldn't engage at the radiator end. I called the dealer and they said they normally stock them but were out of the return line and could have it in the morning. They said all the local repair shops buy the lines from them. I don't think the local repair shops would buy the higher cost dealer lines unless there was a need. Anyone else having problems with Dorman transmission cooler lines?

I thought they were hit or miss on quality. I guess you have a decent chance if the part is made in this hemisphere. Their springs made in Columbia are fine, the matching shackles from China are some of the worst crap I've ever seen.

It seems like Dorman is generally junk.

You might be better off retaining the stock cooler lines and getting rebuild kits for the ends, they are commonly stocked locally.

Dorman is right there with Crown and OmixAda, when it comes to questionable quality. IMO, very few of their parts truly match OEM quality and durability.

One thing that someday will cause me to give up on XJs is the declining level of replacement parts.
It is getting hard to find high quality replacements for many of the small parts. Just about everything that moves or wears will need replacement eventually.

The sad truth is there are no vehicles sold in this country today that come close to the capability and utility of the Cherokee.
Outside the border, that's different story.

Back