• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Labor to help fix D44 to my Comanche

Fastdemise

NAXJA Forum User
Just got a MJ and the PO installed a D44 spring over setup. But did not adjust the spring perches :banghead: so it's just a sad mess of over stressed bushings. I want to make the D44 into a spring under setup and need someone that is competent in axle mods and good with a welder to help me fix this problem. Thanks for reading and hope we can get this truck back on the road. :peace:

Not sure what I can do to sweeten the pot to have someone help me with this. I can help ya grind off the spring perch and Cherokee spring mounts and help wherever I can.

I have access to a non gas welder and grinder if it helps. I'm off on work related travel but will be back after June 13. I really want this problem fixed and the truck back on the road. I'll also likely start looking for spare parts in the near future so keep a look out for that post. Thanks again for all the help I have gotten from this forum in the past.

Did they mess with the shock mounts that are on the U-bolt plate? Will it need shock mounts too?

Also, this is best done with a new set of perches, as re-using the cut off ones makes the job take a lot longer, and has the chance that they wont be re-useable. For the relatively small cost, its worth having new perches on hand.

I'm a long ways north, but have done this before, and actually need to do it myself on a Chrysler 8.25 that's waiting to go into my MJ.

OK, thanks for the tip I will locate and order a set of new perches. It is still using the factory shock mount plate. I'll snap a photo of the rear end to give a heads up so any problems can be addressed before I make a long drive. The truck is driveable but it's obvious that the bushings on the leafs are shot but will work long enough to get things fixed.

No problem SPECFab. I have been contacted by a member that can help me out. If for some reason it falls thru I'll let y'all know.

I could do it.

If you wanted it done fantastically and are willing to pay a little. Troy at SWAG offroad does great work. Fantastic rates. He did my exo cage and rocker replacments some time ago. He is in oregon city.

Back