• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Auto Good or Bad

Boss Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have complaints from any electronic replacement parts from Rock Auto, such as Throttle Position Sensor (mainly what I need), or CPS like parts?? O'Reileys sucks in this category, just as well, the water pump lasted less than 1 year (9 months). The w/p is warranted but who wants to replace 12 month old antifreeze? I know I know recover it but, you never get all of it! So any LIKES on the parts specifically the TPS?

Its all about the brand. Most of the house brands suck. Rockauto carries ACDelco, Denso, Standard, a few other good national brands that will work right and last a long time. They also sell crap brands, and if you buy those you'll get the same crap results

OK thanks! I saw Standard so that was going to be my choice but if I Can I ask: do you have personal experience purchasing any of the sensors I mentioned from them? I've had to go to the dealer for the CPS at about $60.00 w/tax after my buddy got it thru Ford parts wholesale!

I swapped engines in both my project cars, both times I replaced every sensor and switch with new Standard parts, they are all still there and working except the TPS on the XJ came apart when I removed it to clean the throttle body. I think it was 2010 for the XJ and 2011 for the Cadillac. I have replaced a couple other parts since then, tend to buy Standard whenever I can.

For critical things that will leave you stranded with a tow bill I buy from the dealer. The extra cost up front is cheaper than the "what if" you are stranded. Most of the time the dealer parts are the best quality available. In other words, lets say Standard makes TPS for Mopar. The Mopar TPS may be 100% quality, the Standard from Rock Auto may be 85-90% quality. Having said that, Rock Auto is a good place to buy parts. They honor manufacturer warranties. My dealer price matches and usually stocks critical sensors. When my TPS went out they handed me one off the shelf.

Ive had good luck with Rock Auto, and I like being able to have a choice in where the parts come from, because you can always open another tab and take a look at the different manufacturers and decide if you want to order their part. Lots of times, thats how Ive tracked down parts that I thought were American made, but were actually Chinese crap that had the name switched a few times before it got to the American market.

I have no complaints and a refrigerator covered in cool muscle car magnets.

I have no complaints and a refrigerator covered in cool muscle car magnets.

Same here! Although I have found lately that Amazon pretty much always beats their prices and rockauto shipping is usually pretty rough for small/cheap parts.

Right, depends on the parts. Some I can source locally so I have them right now, well by "tomorrow" the latest. Sometimes RA has the oddball part I can't seem to find anywhere.

RockAuto has great selection, decent prices, and low cost shipping.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason, no matter where you buy them. Always buy top quality parts like Timken, AC Delco, Raybestos, Spicer, Moog, etc Engine sensors should always be genuine Jeep. Numerous threads detail long, frustrating, and expensive searches for solutions to a problem, that are eventually cured by installing genuine Jeep parts.

I used to love rockauto, not so much anymore

The last few times I've used them they sent incorrect parts... And want me to eat the shipping to return them. I'll pass.

I like rock auto, but you really gotta look thru the shipping options, sometimes the base shipping is a week and a half! Sometimes you gotta upgrade it.

Back