• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door seal upgrade

turbors89

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any info on doing the 97+ door seal upgrade on a pre 97? I needed new seals and seen everyone was recommending them so that's what I went with. Put them on and the door is really hard to close I see most people say wait a few weeks but it's been like 6 months and it's still really hard to close. I had the striker pretty much all the way out but then there's a little gap at the top of the door so I brought it in a little bit it's hard to open I guess because the pressure on the latch. I see everyone posts the madxj link but hat page is gone :banghead:

Any help will be appreciated thank you !

The door seals are plug n pray. I only installed front door seals (no issues), as I have heard because of how thick the rear ones are it makes the rear doors hard to close.

I've done this on my front doors too. No issues, just throw them on and drive.

I put 97+ rear door seals in my '89 been hard to shut those rear doors for a few years.

I did mine (front only, remember) a couple years ago. No issues with temperature changes.

Back